Some helpful recommendations you may find useful.
Building a dollhouse - Where do I begin?
There are a wide variety of products available to add detail to your dollhouse. This timeline is for a basic structure. Detailing such as baseboards, light fixtures and door knobs are ways to customize your kit.
Tips for building your dollhouse kit. *:
- Check parts against the Parts List included with your directions. Make pencil marks on each piece in order to keep track of what each piece is for, either with part # or size.
- Time saving idea is to prime all of your interior walls and ceilings at this point using a quality water based primer. This is easily done with a 4” trim roller brush while the pieces are flat.
- Paint ceilings with your choice of a finish coat.
- Construct the body of the house. DO NOT at this point installs any of the windows, doors, stairs or trim. If installing a porch use support posts only. Porch floors and posts should be finished before installing for a neat finish. Do not attach railings or trims.
- Shingle Roof. Your particular kit may require the placement of any roof trim before shingling. Paint trim prior to installing
- If your kit does not have an exterior finish such as siding, decide at this point if you would like to add, and attach your finish.
- Paint all exterior walls
- Build and finish all windows, doors, railings and trim pieces. Set aside
- If choosing to wire, all wiring should be installed at this point
- Finish interior walls with choice of materials
- Finish floors with choice of materials
- Add trim pieces, doors, windows and stairs
- Have fun adding your furniture and accessories!
For More helpful TIPS - Click Here.